Sunday, February 20

The Roommate Review


Length: 91 mins
Released: 2011 (USA)
Genre: Thriller, Drama
Rating: PG-13, violence, some nakey scenes, sex scenes, language
Directed By: Christian E. Christiansen
Where I Got It: Seen it at the theater


The Roommate stars Leighton Meester, Minka Kelly, and Cam Gigandet (Twilight). Sara moves to the dorms at her college and after a little bit finally meets her roommate-Rebecca who seems nice, but a little...off. They become fast friends, but Rebecca becomes a little obsessed and very protective of Sara. Not much time passes when Sara and her new boyfriend Stephen realize that Rebecca is a tad-bit insane (thats the understatement of the year).

One word can sum up the movie: DAMN. I was a little grateful that I decided not to dorm up this year. * wipes sweat from forehead* It was defiantly a thriller and not for the weak of heart. There was a little bit of blood and violence. (a tiny spoiler) I have to knock off one star, because that crazy Rebecca chick killed a kitten. I know it was to get the point across that she's a crazy person, but I hate when they kill poor helpless animals in movies. Overall, it was a very good movie. I think that the girl who played Rebecca deserves an Oscar. It was just amazing how she portrayed her and how well she did. Out of five stars, I give it ****. I do highly suggest that anyone who likes a good thriller should pick up this movie or head out and watch it on the big screen.



<3

No comments: