Tuesday, August 2

Top Ten Tuesday: Trends I'd Like to See More/Less Of

~Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.~


This week's top ten list is about trends that I would like to see more of or less of. I'm going to break the list down to 5 and 5. Five for trends I want to see more of and five for trends I'm getting a little tired of. Enjoy!


Trends I Want to See More Of:

1) Mythology type books. You don't see many books that include Greek, Roman, or etc mythology plots. I haven't read many, but I wish there was more!

2)Ancient Civilizations. I wish there were books set in Ancient times. Like Egypt or Greece or China or whatever. I love these type of books, but they are so hard to come across.

3)More Stories Focusing Around Native American Folktales/Stores. I would love to read stories that the Elders would tell around the fire. I get so tired of reading about depressing tales of the fall of the the "old ways". I would love to read more books focusing on the "old ways". If that makes any sense.

4)Strong Heroines. I honestly do get tired of men always having to come to the rescue. I would actually like to see more of women standing up and fighting the good fight. 

5)Werewolves/Shapeshifters. ^.^ I agree with Lisa from The Garden of Books that werewolves/shapeshifters are sexy. I would like more books about them! 

Trends that need to hide in the shadows for a bit:

1)Vampires. I love vampires as much as the next person, but I'm so tired of all the vampire romances. I need a break please and thank you.

2)Perfect Characters. Let's get real, not everyone is perfect! Please authors, I'm tired of the perfect characters make them flawed and real. Please and thank you.

3)Huge Books that NEVER seem to end. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a big book, but I've had a couple this year that just never seemed to end. I just feel like the author had a couple versions of a conclusion and they couldn't pick one, so they threw them all in. Please don't make the conclusion twenty million pages long. End it. Please and thank you.

4)Jumping from view point to view point too much or without letting you know. I hate being confused on which character is narrating now. Or those books where EVERYONE narrates the story at some point. Please give some warning when you're about to change, like wait until the next chapter to change narration. Please and thank you.

5)Less Bad Boys, more nerdy/dorky guys. I love Bad Boys, I do, but I also think nerdy/dorky guys deserve to see the light of day too. Make it proportional! Please and thank you.

I hope you enjoyed my list! What would you like to see more/less of? 


==========================
<3CaroleRae
 

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Yes yes! I am so with you on the hole everyone is narrating thing. So ruined my last book

I also agree about ancient civilisations, I really want more books like that too

Carole Rae said...

B, a little late in replying, but I would kill for more Ancient times type books.