Saturday, October 15

Movie Review: Love Actually



Length: 135 minutes
Released: 2003 (USA)
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Rating: R Rated, because of nakey scenes and the bloody language
Directed By: Richard Curtis
Awards: Won 10 Awards
Where I Got It: Borrowed it from the library


Love Actually follows the love stories of eight different couples in England during December, aka the Christmas month of chaos. All the couples have some sort of connection either in an obvious way or just a random strain of connection. Each couple has different issues on why they can't be together or why they have to be with each other. This movie focuses on how love binds all of us and makes the world a little bit better.

This movie has A LOT of big names and biggish names. Hugh Grant (9 Months, Two Weeks Notice) as The Prime Minister, Colin Firth (The King's Speech, Girl With A Pearl Earring, Fever Pitch) as Jamie, Emma Thompson (Sense & Sensibility, Harry Potter, Much Ado About Nothing) as Karen, Liam Neeson (Schindler's List, Taken) as Daniel, Keira Knightley (The Duchess, Pirates of the Carribean) as Juliet, and so many others.

REVIEW:

It took me a while to actually put on the movie. For some reason I kept avoiding it. Don't ask me why, but I did...I regret now that I didn't watch it right away! It's a pretty good movie! I loved that the movie focuses on the idea that love does make the world slightly better. It shows that love is an agony, but a life without love is not a life at all. I couldn't help but smile throughout the whole movie.

Love Actually is just one of those movies that makes you feel better and you just can't help but stop smiling after the credits are done. I loved all the mini stories and love stories, because they were all cute in their own ways. Some of the "love stories" were about friends realizing they need each other or reconnecting with your family. I loved how the movie makers combined all these stories and how somehow, someway they are all interconnected. At the end everyone appears at this play at the little kid school and at the airport. It's freakin' adorable.

The only thing I didn't like was there were too many mini-stories going on. I felt not all the stories got equal screen time. It's just a personal opinion of mine. Maybe they could have cut it from 8 to 6. I don't know, but I felt that some of the stories were a little ignored. Other than that I have no real complaints.

All-in-all, this was such a cute movie and I'll be re-watching this on Christmas and perhaps on my birthday, because my birthday is the same week of Christmas. I recommend this to anyone who wants a cute movie about true love and Christmas joy. It makes me have faith in people and you'll have faith too after watching this. I grant this 5 stars (it would be 4.5, but I don't give decimals). ^.^ Woot woot.

Favorite Couple(s): The Prime Minister and Natalie
Favorite Character(s): The Prime Minister (it's Hugh Grant, why not?), Natalie, and Jamie
Not-so Favorite Character(s): Harry and Mark (I don't know, but who falls for their best friend's new wife and is super mean to her? I mean c'mon)
Favorite Quotes: Karl: "Life is full of interruptions and complications."
Photobucket


(PS: I'm going to go back to all my old Movie Reviews and had the little snipbit of information like I did at the beginning here. I meant to do something like that, but I always forget and then I get too lazy and go back to add it.)

=========================
<3CaroleRae


 

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I liked the prime minister story the best too :D And the rest I do not remember much of

Carole Rae said...

Same here. I mean they were all cuteish in their own ways, but I couldn't wait until their story came back on.